Populist movements don't build themselves ...

... It doesn't matter what the "horse race" outcome of the campaign is, if we fight the campaign. Fighting it, we learn how to fight. Learning how to fight political battles, we become citizens again. Becoming citizens again, we reclaim the Republic that lies dormant beneath the bread and circuses of modern American society.

Thursday, September 3, 2009

Barcelona Fell, and I was not There



Barcelona Fell, and I was not There
Nor saw shells exploding in air
Nor slipped out with leaders to France
Nor saw Fascists dance a victory dance

Barcelona Fell, and I was not There
To see victors writing Foul as Fair
To hear quiet sobbing in the still of night
To see heads turn from the loss of the fight

Barcelona Fell, and I was not There
A Generation Unborn, I was nowhere
A Generation to come, where will they say
They lament its falling as it fell, today

No comments: